• 2 egg yolks
• 2 egg whites, whipped
• 3 tablespoons sugar
• 1 ⅓ cups milk, more if the batter is too thick (315 mL)
• 3 tablespoons butter, melted
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 ½ cups flour (185 g)
• ¼ cup cocoa powder(30 g)
• 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
• 1 tablespoon butter, or oil for cooking
• 1 cup heavy cream(235 mL)
• 8 oz chocolate chips(175 g)
1. In a large bowl, mix together yolks and sugar, while still whisking, add milk
2. Carefully fold in whipped egg whites.
3. NOTE: It’s better to use a spoon rather than a whisk.
4. Add and mix the melted butter and the vanilla.
5. In another large bowl, mix the sieved flour, cocoa powder, and the baking powder.
6. Form a little well in the middle and pour the milk and eggs mixture. Stir until the batter is smooth.
7. To make the ganache, in a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream, without letting it boil.
8. Take off the heat, mix with the chocolate chips until perfectly smooth.
9. Over low to medium heat, pour ¼ cup (60 ml) of pancake batter on a well-oiled pan.
10. When bubbles start to form on the surface of the pancake, flip and cook it for a minute on the other side.
11. When the pancakes are ready, pour the chocolate ganache on top.
12. If the ganache has hardened while you were making the pancakes, you can microwave it for 15-20 seconds.
13. Enjoy !