By Lila Jose
Guacamole is a traditional avocado based Mexican dip.It is made by mashing ripe avocados and various seasonings,usually onion,pepper,garlic and tomatoes.It is a staple food in Latin American cuisine.
- Ripe avocados 2
- Fresh lime juice 1 tbsp
- Red onion 1/4 cup (minced)
- Green chillies 2 -finely chopped
- Coriander leaves 2-3 tbsp finely chopped
- Garlic (optional) 1/2tsp,minced
- Ripe tomato 1 seeded and chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cut the avocados in half.Remove the seed and scoop out the flesh with a spoon.Put it in a mixing bowl and using a fork mash roughly(It can be chunky or smooth depending on your taste.)
- Sprinkle salt and lime juice.The lime juice will help the guacamole to stay fresh and balance the flavour.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Fresh guacamole should be served immediately for best possible taste.
- Guacamole is usually served with tortilla chips,but it can also be served with vegetable sticks, crackers,on toast,on a sandwich, salad dressing,with fried fish,baked potatoes etc.