Skillet-Toasted Corn Salad
Fresh corn is something which is widely available in India, Here is something which is very simple to make and this is a very healthy salad.
- 1/3 c. plus 1 T. olive oil, divided
- 1 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 to 4 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 6 ears sweet corn, husked and kernels removed
- 4 red, yellow and/or green peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 head romaine lettuce, cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tomato
In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine 1/3 cup oil, lemon juice, sauces, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and shake well; set aside. Heat remaining oil in a large skillet
over medium-high heat. Add corn; sauté for 5 minutes, or until corn is tender and golden, stirring often. Remove from heat; keep warm. Combine corn, peppers tomato and
cheese in a large bowl. Pour olive oil mixture over top; toss lightly to coat. Serve over lettuce. Makes 6 to 8 servings.