It is a traditional classic maharashtrian delicacy made in every home during Diwali .Its light crispy and delicious to munch all through the day.
- Maida / refined flour – 500 gms
- Rava/ semolina – 250 gms
- Milk – half cup
- Ghee – 1 cup
- Powdered Sugar – 300 gms
- Pinch of salt
- Oil for frying
Step by step instructions:
- in a bowl add the refined flour, semolina, powdered sugar, salt and add heated ghee to it.
- Mix it well with fingers till it appears like bread crumbs
- Add warm milk to the mixture and kneas it well to form a smooth dough. Almost 15 to 20 mins
- Now make round balls of the dough and roll it like a thick chappati
- With a knife make vertical and horizontal lines on the rolled flat dough so that they look like diamond shape about half inch in size
- Heat the oil in a khadai and slowly drop the diamond shaped dough into the frying kadhai until crisp golden brown.