Aley’s Corner Aley from Newyork
Children and parents can make this as an easy after school cookie. Use the time and have fun with each other. Bake sweet memories.
- 12 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon good quality vanilla essence
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Big pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonful or small ice cream scoop 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-13 minutes or more until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Keep on wire racks for 15 minutes.
- When thoroughly cooled keep in airtight containers.
- Enjoy warm with a glass of cold milk or cooled cookie with warm milk.