Ghee Rice Group of Restaurants, Abudhadi
Mussels – 10 Nos.
White wine – 6 tablespoon
Shallots – 2 nos. finely chopped
Parsley – 4 table spoon finely chopped
Thyme 1 sprig
Bay leaf 1/2
Black pepper corn 6 nos. crushed
3 table spoon butter
Garlic 4 cloves, finely chopped
50 gm bread crumbs
- Scrub mussels under cold water & remove beards
- Put mussels in a pan with a tight fitting lid. Add white wine, chopped shallot 1 table spoon
Chopped parsley, thyme, bay leaf & crushed pepper corn.
- Cover tightly and cook over a high heat, shaking pan slowly for about five minutes or until mussels have all opened.
- Drain mussels fully, preserving liquid. Remove the top shells over the pan to collect any remaining liquid.
- Strain mussel liquid to the pan and simmer over a low heat until reduced by half. Keep it aside.
- Melt butter in a frying pan large enough to hold mussels in one layer. When butter is hot add chopped garlic & parsley. Lower heat and simmer for just two minutes.(Take care not let garlic burn or it will taste bitter).
- Add bread crumbs and stir over a low heat until they have soaked up butter & are tinged green with parsley. Sprinkle with reduced mussel liquid and continue to stir over a low heat until liquid has evaporated.
- Add mussel to the pan and mix lightly until they are heated through and filled with bread crumbs.