By Lila Jose
Passion fruit is a very refreshing tropical fruit. It is a rich source of antioxidants, minerals, vitamins (esp.vitamin C&A) and dietary fiber. Passion fruit mousse (Brazilian Mousse de Maracuja) is a traditional Brazilian dessert which is very delicious and easy to make.
- 1 cup Whipping cream(refrigerated)
- 1 cup Sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup Fresh passion fruit puree or 1/2 cup unsweetened fruit concentrate
- 1 tbsp Gelatin soaked in 3 tbsp cold water
- 1 to 2 tbsp Lime juice
- Cut the passion fruit and empty the contents into a bowl.Add little water and soften the pulp using spoon. Keep aside.
- Mix all the above ingredients in a bowl using a blender or an electric beater (approximately for 2 to 3 min.) or until the mixture is well incorporated and thick.
- Pour the mixture into a glass bowl.
- Cover it with a plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Garnish it with fresh passion fruit pulp and whipped cream
- Can also be topped with diced mango or fresh strawberry.