By Lila Jose
- 1kg chicken cut into medium sized pieces
- 1 cup thick buttermilk
- 11/2 cups flour
- 1tbsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp chilliflakes or chilli powder
- 1tsp garlic powder….. optional
- 1tsp onion powder……optional
- In a large bowl add all the above dry ingredients and mix well. keep aside.
- Pour the buttermilk into a shallow bowl.
- Take one chicken piece,dip it in the butter milk , then into the seasoned flour mix coating it evenly and thoroughly.
- keep the coated chicken in a dish
- Repeat the same process with all the chicken pieces.
- Cover it with a plastic wrap and keep side for 30 minutes
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the chicken pieces(don’t overcrowd)for 10-15 min. turning sides.
- Drain on a paper towel lined platter and serve immediately.