Prawns is a delicious seafood loved by all. Prawns roast is a traditional South Indian recipe which is made of prawns and a blend of spices. This dish is sure to leave you craving for more.
- ½ kg prawns
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- ½ tablespoon turmeric powder
- ½ tablespoon pepper powder
- 1 medium cambodge/kodampuli
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1 cup of chopped shallots
- Masala Powders
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- Oil for roasting
- 2 tablespoon grated coconut
- Clean the prawns, keep it aside.
- Mix the ingredients like turmeric powder, Cambodge / Kodampuli, pepper powder, ginger, curry leaves and salt and marinate the prawns.
- Cook the marinated prawns in a covered
- Add 2-3 tablespoon water to the prawns .Make sure the prawns don’t get overcooked.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan .Saute the shallots.
- Saute it in a low flame till it turns brown and then add the spice powders Saute it well and add some oil as per the requirement. Fry the grated coconut separately and add it to the above recipe.
- Sprinkle some salt and cook it for another 10 minutes.
- Roast it till it’s properly done
- Garnish it with some coriander leaves and sliced tomato pieces.
Prawns Roast is ideal to be served with rice.